Friday, October 24, 2014

NaNoWriMo Countdown 8 days

Jennan,

This is not the time to abandon our pursuit of knowledge just because the King has a whim. I demand that you come back here! There is a pattern that I cannot hope to achieve on my own and I need your deft hand. I think if we cover the ballroom, starting simultaneously in the North and the South corner and work our way through warding patterns and into building patterns we can create a room that is impregnable. Of course, the pattern will have to be made permanent, but if we rough up the stone and then use blood we should be able to make it a part of the stone.

Human blood, Jennan, human blood makes the power unstoppable! I created a small trapping ward, and it nearly made it impossible for me to leave my own room! I hope you won’t mind that we need to hire a new chamber maid; she was only so willing to donate her veins to my cause. I have only about a pint left, but I am thinking we can use it to start our ballroom pattern.

Have you thought about causing destruction with magic? I think some of these wards could be turned, twisted, and then they would not promote protection but destruction? What if something designed to protect a being actually ended up making them vulnerable? The possibilities, Jennan, are endless and we are just starting to understand.

Come back here quickly brother. The King may need an update but does he really need your presence?


Britten

No comments:

Post a Comment