Tuesday, October 28, 2014

NaNoWriMo Countdown 4 days

Jennan,

After you left your King betrayed us. He has sent his guard to destroy me. You must be next. It’s all a ploy to get our power. You know that. We are the ones that should be in control. We are the ones with the power. Tairen knows that, he’s always known that. I see that he has read enough of your missives to know how magic works. They are taking down my wards one by one and they are sharp-eyed about it. But I am not lacking in supply and I am creating my ballroom Jennan, with our without you I will create it.

I meant to send what I wrote above, but now, it would seem, dear brother that your family loyalty is in question. I guess that I was not meant to send a letter to you until now. The men have received a letter from a certain white winged conjuring that I recognize. You never were the brightest of us children. Mother would be so ashamed, after all the work she put into legitimizing magic, showing the capital that what her and Grandmother did was a gift from God and not a thing to be waved aside. We have turned this into an art-form!

And here, in the midst of an incredible leap forward, you have turned traitor against me! Does not God require sacrifices Jennan? Who are you to demand that I stop making them! Which of us is truly holy? You? With your limestone powder and chamomile leaves or me? Who with a single fingertip can destroy this entire structure?

Britten

No comments:

Post a Comment