Saturday, October 25, 2014

NaNoWriMo Countdown 7 days


To the High Consul of the Court, the Mage Jennan,

My friend, I am afraid that I have upset the balance in your brother’s mind and made myself an enemy. Your brother’s letter to you was very revealing and I dispatched the King’s guard to put a stop to this experimentation at once. I should have listened to your advice when you said you should be the one to go back. I hope that by now you have safely rejoined your family.

The staff in your tower has been decimated. My guard reports that he has killed all of them, and hired out for new. Most of the local villagers are too afraid to resist, and according to my captain, he is using magic to trap them and then draining them for more material. This cycle is madness and he has turned away from being your brother or my friend. As you instructed before you left I have equipped each of my guards with a way to destroy the patterns, but the tower itself seems to shake when they encounter a new one.

If Britten is as powerful as you say then we may have a battle on our hands. A battle fueled by magic, my fingers tremble just writing it. So few of us can even practice this new art, and we are still figuring out how it works! What am I supposed to do with a rogue mage? Arrows seem useless and my soldiers are terrified that their deaths will only provide him with more material.

I plead only for your advice. I do not want to involve you in destroying your brother, but I desperately need your help. Others in the kingdom are starting to take notice and it will not be long, I think, before this magic becomes a plague of uncertainty across the land.

I await your response.

His majesty the King,

Tairen

No comments:

Post a Comment