Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Fall 2013

I love this season. There is something about the air, the colors, the rain, curling up with a mug of hot liquid and a sweatshirt to read your favorite book. I love the way its dark and cozy in the evenings and the windstorms that batter the side of the house. I love the rain in the morning, the sun in the afternoon, and the rain again in the evening. I love the way that the mid-morning sunshine contrasts with the black clouds above, shedding a warm light that illuminates the world with a jewel-tone like glow.

I love the chill in the air. I love the way that when you breath in, it cools your whole body, and leaves you feeling refreshed. I love that I can go on my walks at lunch and not come back drenched in sweat. I love wearing sweaters and turning the heat up at work. I love making a fire and watching the flames flicker and dance against the glass front of the fireplace.

I love the holidays, the chance to spend time with family, and eat really good food. I love the traditions and the little tidbits that make each month special. I love decorating and baking, and carving pumpkins. I love writing my brains out in November and attempting to ignore the rest of the world. I love hot chocolate. I love Carmel Apple Cider. I love this season.

This fall, I have to remember that I love this season. I have to remember to be joyful and content even in this season of my life that seems like it will never end. I have to remember the simple pleasure of a mug of hot chocolate even as I sip it in my parents basement. I have to enjoy the fire for its beauty and warmth even though I have to displace myself upstairs to do so. I have to watch all of the Seahawks games in stereo as my Dad watches upstairs and we watch it downstairs.

Sometimes life can be frustrating and I feel like I have been stuck in this waiting season for a very long time. But it is fall again. And I love this season. And I just have to relax and enjoy these things that I love so much about life, and trust God that he will turn this long stagnant season into the next. And just maybe... it will happen this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment