Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Exercise

Exercise. It's a dreaded word. It's a time of my day that involves sweating a lot more than I think I should for a lot less bodily impact than I want it to have, but it is something that I know I need. Especially when I love the things I love so much. Like bread. And Ice Cream. And Cookies.
But sometimes, exercise can also be exhilarating, and make your whole day better. There is something more than scientific to the feeling you get after working out, or the feeling of sore muscles the next day. The feeling of your body after a few weeks of working out, that feeling of health and wellness that starts to affect your emotions, your outlook and even your lifestyle choices, that is what I can appreciate. I may always struggle to keep working out. I may never make it past my purple five pound weights. But that's what persistence and the three pound weights are for.

No comments:

Post a Comment